How to Effectively Clean Your Asphalt Driveway
A part of maintaining your asphalt driveway is ensuring that it is clean of oil, dirt, and other residue that builds up over time. Read on for some tips on cleaning your asphalt driveway!
- Do a thorough sweep of your driveway and make sure you get any cracks.
- If you spilled any oil or liquid, try to sop up as much as you can. After, sprinkle some kitty litter or sawdust to absorb more of the oil or liquid. Leave it on overnight to get the most effectiveness!
- If there is a stain, consider using Coca-cola to clean it out! Pour several cans of Coke on the stain and then let it settle in overnight. Next morning, wash it off!
- Another cleaning solution you can make is with hot water and dishwashing soap or powder.
- Baking soda is another way to create a strong cleaner without breaking the bank.
*It is important to note that although you want a strong pressure to clean off your asphalt driveway, you need to be cautious of setting the stain in deeper. The water pressure could potentially push the stain into the asphalt more making it harder to clean.
For more tips on cleaning your asphalt driveway or for any repairs you may need, call Asphalt Driveway Co. at (612)676-1717!
← Back to Resources